Saturday, December 4, 2010

Apologies

I'm sorry that I haven't added anything since October 25th.
The main reason is because I was approached by AMPA at the end of October to teach children in the local colegio in the afternoons.
Originally, the school wanted me to assist in the English classes during the morning which would have been fantastic!  Not only the children, but the English teachers would have benefitted from hearing English spoken by a native person.  However, it wasn't to be, as the school inspector from the Diputacion said it wouldn't be allowed, even though the cost of the classes would be borne by the parents.  Once AMPA were informed of this I was contacted by them and as they say, 'the rest is history'!
I use a classroom at the school and teach 4 afternoons, 7 hours a week there.  I teach children as young as 4 and as old as 12, in groups of between 8 and 14 children of similar age where possible.
The administration of these classes has taken up a lot of my time but with this long 'puente' or 'acueducto' I hope to post some new items.
Watch this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment